What are Essential Oils ?
We all including our loved ones have health goals and concerns. The current approach to health & medicine is not achieving the results it was supposed to. Aren’t we tired of using chemical concoctions for literally everything in our household? Don’t we need more energy to do the things we love without the side effects of stimulants, toxins & chemicals? Can we use pure & natural solutions to improve the overall quality of our family life?
My vision is to have each one of us equipped with natural solutions using essential oils to enhance our physical, mental and emotional well being.
An essential oil is the life force or the soul of the plant. Essential oils are naturally occurring aromatic compounds and are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant and possess therapeutic and cosmetic qualities.Essential oils (single oils & blends) can be used for a wide range of emotional,physical and spiritual wellness applications.A few listed below :
- Lavender great for sun burn, skin irritations and restful sleep
- Peppermint soothes headaches, relieves itching from bug bites, repels spiders and much more
- Melaleuca disinfects cuts and scrapes, heals skin tissue, defends against environmental threats
- Lemon helps relieve anxiety, detoxifying, purifies water
- Frankincense Immunity support, alleviates mental fatigue, helps to heal infected wounds
- DigestZen digestive support, soothes upset stomach, helps maintain healthy gastrointestinal tract
- Balance promotes overall sense of relaxation, great for jet-lag, grounding properties
- Breathe maintains clear and clean airways, minimizes airborne threats, relieves congestion
Essential Oils can be used
The sense of smell is a tool that can elicit powerful physiologic, mental, and emotional responses. Essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors, which have a direct link to the limbic system by way of the olfactory nerve. The limbic system is part of the brain that supports a variety of functions including smell, emotions, behavior, and memory. For this reason, essential oils have an especially powerful effect via aromatic application.
Aromatic uses For Essential Oils Include:
- Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens
- Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets & use in household surface cleaners
- Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle
Topical application is a very effective method for applying essential oils. Because essential oils have low molecular weights and are lipid soluble, they easily penetrate the skin. Once absorbed, they stay in the applied area for a localized benefit.
Although essential oils are readily absorbed, there are many ways to increase absorption. Using a light massage will increase the blood flow to the area of application, in turn improving distribution throughout the body. Use of a carrier oil can also increase absorption, especially in skin that is dry or flaky as it helps moisturize the skin and slow evaporation of the oil.
Beneficial Areas You Can Apply Essential Oils
- Neck,Forehead and temples
- Chest and abdomen
- Arms, legs, bottom of feet
Other Effective Methods of Topical Application
- Add a few drops of oil to a warm bath
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a towel or cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area
- Add oil to a lotion or moisturizer and then apply to skin
Sensitive Areas to be Avoided:
- Skin around the eyes,inner ears
- Broken, damaged, or otherwise injured skin
When you sprinkle cinnamon on your oatmeal, sip a mug of peppermint tea, or add fresh basil leaves to your spaghetti, you are actually consuming some volatile aromatic essential oil compounds.
Essential oil contributes many health benefits as well as flavoring and aroma properties to foods. When ingested, essential oils directly enter the blood stream via the gastrointestinal tract, where they are transported throughout the rest of the body. Essential oils are lipid soluble so they are readily transported to all organs of the body, including the brain.
Effective Methods of Internal Application
- Use oils in recipes for cooking or baking to replace fresh or dried herbs and spices
- Add essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea, or other drinks
- Take essential oils internally in a veggie capsule or add to a small amount of applesauce or yogurt
- doTERRA products support our health and wellness and help us detoxify our households.
- doTERRA gives back.
- doTERRA’s Oils are high quality.
- doTERRA’s testing practices are stringent.
- doTERRA focuses on education.
- doTERRA is committed to Co-Impact Sourcing worldwide.
- The people, the social aspect, and the connection.
To see how we give back, one of the most profound reasons why I’ve chosen to partner with doTERRA, explore our Healing Hands Foundation. To learn about our exceptional quality and sourcing, Source to You helps you see how we work closely with the villages and the farmers who are growing the precious plants that give so much to us.
Get in touch with me.
I am happy to personally support you to step up towards your wellness goals.